Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Today



It is cold and grey in Portland today, like so many days, but beautiful, and I have a vase of flowers from a secret admirer to brighten the afternoon!
What have you been up to this Valentine's Day?  Every so often, in the middle of developmental biology or Aristotle or my absolutely incredible JS Bach class, I'll remember that I was in Paris this time last year.  It's hard to believe, and I still miss it all the time - coffee in the Pacific Northwest, while incredible, isn't the same as an espresso on my balcony at Place Denfert-Rochereau.
I'm also still getting over my illness, so thank you so so much for being patient with the barely-there posting!  I'll get better and post more often, I promise!
(the photo is of a bridge in Hampstead Heath, from the BBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment