Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's been a hell of a week

Sorry for not really posting this week - our annual Christmas party is on Saturday and the whole family has been working overtime to get ready for it.  I've made a ton of cookies and ginger bars and tortelli.... here's what I'm pretty sure is the menu, if you'd like to see:
bacon-wrapped water chestnuts
salmon mousse
chive crepes with duck and hoisin sauce
apple-onion tart
lamb-pinenut pizza
tortelli of butternut squash with sage brown butter sauce
smoked ribs and chicken wings
butternut squash quesadillas with chipotle sauce
"dips" - probably means Sultan's Delight, Muhamara, and something with carrots
walnut-date bars
sugar cookies (decorated by my sister and me last night!)
chocolate-black pepper cookies
ginger bars
truffles

I think that's everything, but I'm not entirely sure.  I might post some recipes, if anyone is interested...
Also, tonight is the PIH Christmas party, and tomorrow my brother is hosting a benefit concert for Haiti! A long, very full, slightly stressful week, to be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment