Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Boston-at-Large

This morning I took my music theory with me to Charles street, to sit in a café and look out at all the people on their way to work, writing in key signatures.  Boston is gorgeous in the morning - and I needed to do something besides sit in the house and play piano/be on the Internet/read all alone.
And today was a good day to do that.  Bright in a way that Portland is never bright, crisp and dry and cold, with salt bleaching the sidewalk in places, through the cold and dry Common down Comm Ave and Marlborough street and across the Mass Ave bridge.  I love walking through the city, through the Back Bay and down by the river - it makes me feel a million times more in touch with where I live.
Have a lovely Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment