Friday, July 29, 2011

The Beginning of the End

Today was my last day of classes at the Alliance, and the first day of the long and odious process of packing, made more so because I do not want to leave.  Walking home after class today, through the Jardin du Luxembourg and by the Panthéon to the river, it feels like the city has become part of me.  That is why I don't want to pack (though it may have something to do with the fact that I have six months of clothes to get into a suitcase or two).
One thing, though is for sure - it's going to be hard to get everything back to the states.  We have a couple of boxes of books (maybe three) and clothes for five people, not to mention breakable things found at flea markets or painstakingly crafted at home.  It should be interesting.
Boston friends, I'll see you in about three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment