Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Exploring the New Neighbourhood

This morning I got up early and wandered my new home, the third.  No one was up - it was about nine - and the streets were oddly silent, with only a couple of commuters and homeless people.
Usually I'm really self-conscious about taking pictures in the city (I don't like to be thought of as a tourist) but today I did manage to take some photos, so here are a couple pictures from my morning wanders....

This is the gate to the Marché des Enfants Rouges, so called because of the orphans dressed in red who once lived near here.  Later in the day, it's full of people doing their shopping in the covered market, maneuvering between the fruit stands and the poissonerie.  


And this is the flower shop just inside the gate....

Enjoy your morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment