Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chilly Portland

Tonight is RKSK initiation at Reed College.  I've heard from my friend A that I will regret it for the rest of my life if I miss it, but it's going on at the same time as a cappella (hey RKSK gods, can I get there half an hour late?) and from what I've heard, it's a lot of running around naked.  Today on the phone my sister described me as "delicate," which is to say that I have a constitution that lends itself to things like strep throat and fevers and influenza.  Running around the campus at ten at night, cold and wet, isn't exactly good for me, especially with the Reed Plague going around (tons of people are sick).
But I might regret it for the rest of my life if I don't go, and I don't have to take off all my clothes.  Perhaps I'll just show up and watch/semi-participate.
I love this school.  I love that people go out of their way to make events like RKSK initiation incredible for freshmen, so that people like A can remember it forever as something that if he hadn't done it, he would regret it for the rest of his life.  This is an incredible place.

No comments:

Post a Comment