Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Mornings


I am always confused about what to do with my days when everyone else is in school and work.  The whole family rushed out the door about half an hour ago, and now I am sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of tea and the vestiges of breakfast (lemon juice, half a cup of coffee, Caleb's physics textbook) spread out in front of me.  What do I do with slow mornings like this?  So far I think it's mostly blogging and playing the piano, but I should probably run my errands - I have dry cleaning to drop off, and I need to find someone to mend a jacket of mine.  I need to buy things like socks and stockings and probably a pair of shoes, and I need to feed the cats, and I've not yet touched the second, more complicated half of the Chopin prelude.  And long baths I want to take, and books to read, and packing to do... it seems full, but I find myself sitting alone, mildly lonely while everyone else heads to school and work and can't hang out with me during the day.
Oh, well.  I'm sure I'll figure something out.  
(I really like owls.  From here, I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment