Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hello, Seattle

(Recommended soundtrack for this post is Hello Seattle, for obvious reasons)
Tomorrow is Harvest Ball (yay, and more on that come tomorrow) - but it's also the day that my mother and my sister come to Portland to pick me up to go to Seattle!
It will be my grandfather's birthday on Sunday, and we are headed up for a birthday party at my uncle's house.  We leave early in the morning (okay, nine) on Saturday and will go up to see my darling baby cousin (whom I've not yet met) and my lovely family.  I can't wait - I've never been, and I want to see all of the Seattle things: Puget Sound and the hills and beautiful misty city things.  Honestly, my vision of Seattle comes from "Grey's Anatomy" and "Sleepless in Seattle," and I can't wait to create a map of the real city, the city where my family is and where (in my overactive, all-too-romantic imagination) mist rises from the sea and exposes a forest of sailboat masts, where New England-ey lighthouses mark peninsulas of old growth West Coast forests.  I'm super-excited!
Family, I can't wait to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment