Monday, March 21, 2011

Espresso Maker

Recently, tired of spending tons of money on coffee every day, we invested in a little stovetop espresso maker, one of these guys:

Photo from here.

And, seriously, it's my favourite thing.  I love that it just goes on the stovetop, which means that you don't need to figure out the whole filters thing (I can barely make coffee in a French press, okay?), I love that it's elegant and little and a pretty ingenious design, and I love that it makes just enough coffee for my parents and me, who are the only coffee drinkers in the house.
Since we have a fancier coffee thing at home, I'm campaigning for the espresso maker to take with me to college.  I think it would be nice, anyways....
Also, my weekend was filled with a trip to Belleville to buy za'atar and sumac and orange-flower water, a trip to Shakespeare and Company to buy Infinite Jest (well, I bought Infinite Jest, not really sure that that was why we went), and a jazz performance on Sunday by our friend Jobic in a beautiful building in the sixth.... how was yours?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great weekend! I'd love to get that coffee press; seems so simple; but I don't drink espresso and I prefer instant coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a lovely machine, there's really nothing to break...
    I don't think I've ever had instant coffee!

    ReplyDelete