Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello Monday Morning

I'm sorry about not posting much, but all weekend and most of the week I have just been astonished by the devastation in Japan - and so soon after the Christchurch earthquake!  My heart goes out to all those affected...  Here are links to the Red Cross and MSF if you want to help.
Also if you worry about nuclear things (I wasn't alive when 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl happened, so researching them turned out to be scary and rather a surprise) you shouldn't read "On the Beach," okay?  But you should still watch "Dr Strangelove" because it's one of the most interesting films out there.
Speaking of films, my family and I were talking yesterday about how we don't watch enough movies.  Seriously, I've not seen any of the films that were Oscar-nominated this past year and since we got to Paris (about a month and a half ago) I haven't seen any films, either....  So we will start of our film-watching with either "Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain" or "The Seventh Seal."  Which would you recommend?
I hope you have a good upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment