Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back to the City of Light

Yesterday evening the lovely Alexandra and I arrived at the Gare de Nord in Paris and met my family at our flat in the fourteenth.  I have to say that it's pretty good to be back.  While the trip isn't over yet - we still have three days in London and then a couple days more in Oxford - it's so lovely to see my incredible family again and do some laundry and sleep in my own bed.
The incredible Alexandra even picked up presents for my siblings - a Dvorak cello CD for Caleb and an Amsterdam snow-globe for Ursula - fully endearing herself to the family forever.  Today for the first time in three and a half weeks I can get around without a map.  I know people here and I know the streets I love, I know where to take my friends...
Hello again, Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment