Monday, June 20, 2011

French

To say the least, my French has deteriorated in the month that I've been travelling.   True, the lovely Alexandra and I occasionally spoke French to each other and once we carried on an entire conversation with another couple in French (we were very proud), but it's not as good as it once was - a month ago.
To rectify this before I get to college and get put in a French class that's too easy, I'm going to do what Alexandra's friend J did to learn Italian (and now Japanese): get a grammar, read through it, and then start learning lists of words.  If he can read "Harry Potter" and pass his A-levels in Italian by doing that, then I can do the same with French, right?  AND I've got a head start with the French I've already had....
Any tips for learning a language on your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment