Thursday, February 3, 2011

I would tell you guys all about Paris...

But I want to talk about Egypt instead.  For most of the day now, I've been glued to either my French studying so I can pass the placement exams tomorrow, or to Al Jazeera English and its accounts of the violence and protests in Cairo.
Are these protests good or bad?  What do you think?  On one hand, I think that protests against corruption and for democracy are great, and they show that the Middle East can no longer really be exploited in the same way that it was been.  On the other hand, people are dying and I'm not sure if instability in the region is really the best thing for... everyone right now.  Really - what do you think?  Have you been following what's going on in Egypt?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment