Monday, February 7, 2011

It's Always Better When You Have Someone to Share it With

As I said on Saturday, my darling brother came to Paris and is staying with me!  Actually, we're all living together, but it feels like he's staying with me given that I got here first.  He got in at about midnight Saturday (or Sunday, depending on how you look at it) after unannounced flight delays and a horrific experience with the RER.  So naturally, we went out to dinner.  Like normal people do on Saturday nights, or something....
I love hanging out with my brother, especially when I get to show him things.  The last time we were in Paris it was for four or five days on our own and I got to show him things then, too, because I had spent about two days in Paris on an exchange trip in junior year (we spent the rest of it in a village near Lyon).  And now I get to show him the wonderful things I've seen and heard about and get to feel a little like a big sister and a little bit like a close friend.  All in all, an excellent feeling.
Yesterday we went to L'As du Falafel in the Marais for a really long line and some of the best falafel I've ever had in my life, and this morning we went across the street for hot pain au chocolat!  I love spending this time with my brother (I feel like I barely get to, because either I'm in school or he's in school or we're just busy with our respective friends) and although I have my placement test today, I want to show him around as much of the city as possible before my father and my little sister come on Wednesday morning, at which point we both want to drag them around to our favourites.  Any suggestions for things to do in Paris, either with my brother or with my whole family?

No comments:

Post a Comment